CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

100th day of School!

We have had to reschedule the 100th day celebration twice because of snow days!! We had a record snowfall of 22 inches this last time and more is expected! FUN!
Anyway, This is what I have planned for the 100th day....whenever it may be!

ZIGGLE HATS!
(goofy I know, I made that up...thats what they look like to me!)
I just cute out a bunch of "ziggles" on my cricut. The kids will glue 10 "ziggles" on to a sentence strip and put 10 fingerprints on each "ziggle" I had my own children model the hats since I have not been at school in a week!

DSC01145



DSC01157



DSC01153



DSC01161


Here they are putting their finger prints on!

DSC01368


100 KISSES!


DSC01315


DSC01340

This is a very cute idea that I got from the very cute blog Kinderpond!
I am going to hide 100 kisses for the students to find. We will place them on this 100 chart I made! Then maybe we will all share the kisses!

DSC01178


PENNY REACH!
Another teacher at my school found this idea from smithsroom.com and it sounds fun!
I am going to gather a bag of pennies and the children will co me up 2 at a time. One will grab as many pennies and they think they need to equal 100 and then the 2 will go off to count them. 1 students is the monitor and 1 is the counter. Then they will switch roles. If there is a student who actually gets exactly 100pennies....They will win a crisp new dollar bill!

100 TALLIE DICE GAME!
I got this good idea from one of my favorite blogs....what the teacher wants

ESTIMATION!


DSC01369

What the teacher wants also has a good sheet to print off for your estimation activity

DSC01176

I have a jar full of cotton balls and a jar full of plastic hearts I got at target! I am going to fill the third and fourth jar at school. The students who get the closest in estimation will win a prize!

MARSHMALLOW SCULPTURE!


DSC01338

I loaded up several baggies with 100 marshmallows and some toothpicks. I am going to put my students in groups and let them create something with their supplies! I will post pics as soon as I actually get to see how it goes!


DSC01173


COIN FLIP!
I am going to give each student a penny to flip 100 times. They will reveive a 100 chart and get to record their data by marking a t for tails and an h for heads!
We will discuss the results after filling out charts up.

DRESS UP!
The kids were funny! I left the dress up clothes in the story center and they dressed up our frog friends...


DSC01378



DSC01366



DSC01353



DSC01318

This is my most favorite of all! I have done it every year and it always seems to be funny and turn out cute. The kids really like it. I went to goodwill stores and gathered some old scarves, hats, canes,glasses, wigs, jewelry and spent very little!
I let the kids pick what they want to wear to make them look older and take a before and after picture. Then I print it and paste it in their 100th day booklet. You may want to print the one from "what the teacher wants" in the link above. She has a really good one. Again...I will post some cute pics when I actually get to go to school!

SNACK SORT
The kids got 10 of each snack and counted them to by 10's to 100!



DSC01329


DSC01358

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pics! :) We had our 100th day today too. We had a crazy blizzard snow come through so we had an early dismissal! Thankfully, I had already gotten in all my good activities.

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE these ideas and i will def. be doing a lot of them next year. i esp. love the hats! so cute:) ohh... and the dress ups! the kids would love dressing up and then seeing everyones' pictures. thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am so glad you like the ideas! I can't wait to post pictures! My school was canceled again for tomorrow! ahahhh!

    ReplyDelete