CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 2, 2012

HELP! CALLING ALL REPORT CARDS!!

My district is currently developing new report cards for first grade and kindergarten to align with the common core standards.We have in place representatives from each school and they are discussing and designing a report card. It seems very overwhelming! the upper grades don't have to change their report card because it reflects percentages in subjects as opposed to a detailed check list in early childhood. (which by the way I think checklists and student portfolios are awesome awesome) However, what the committees came up with for the beginning of our report card is good, but lengthy,crammed and is so strangely worded and vague that it is going to be sent home with a rubric booklet to help interpret the thing!!! I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. I actually feel like I am going to need the rubric for years to understand it myself. Now, it is still early on in the development stage for us, but am freaking out and really want to see what my sweet bloggy friends, who's districts are probably pros at common core and reporting by now, are doing!!!
SO>>>PUHLEASSSEEEE! I am begging you

Will you email me a copy of what your districts first grade or kindergarten report cards look like???
I want to see if we are on the same page or way out in left field. (seriously..why is there not a report card to match these national standards???)
MY EMAIL>>>
katieds@cox.net

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I wish there was a way I could see what you get and find out. Good Luck!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first grade report cards are like upper grade report cards...where it just says, "language Arts" and then gives a grade..."Math" and then a grade.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are redoing ours now, but I don't think they will be done until summer...maybe by the end of the year, if they are, I will send them your way.

    Shannon
    Kindergarten Hoppenings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know our report cards will be changing too. We just have not gotten that far yet. Right now our report cards are very lengthy and are all the state standards (Florida). I'm sure they will just replace those standards with the common core....which I know will have to be a book because those standards are in depth! Good luck and if I know anything I'll e-mail you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we need a linky party to see what everyone is using! ... especially after the switch to common core.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee!! I'm so glad I'm taking the time to catch on my blogs and found this post!! Can you please send me all the samples that you received? We are in the process of redoing our report cards as soon as school is out. I've toyed with it a little bit, but would love to see some more examples. I am currently working on our Kindergarten scope and sequence that I would be happy to share with you when I get it complete in a couple of weeks.

    Thanks!
    ainsleysmom610@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete